About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- 223/365/2022 — view on Instagram https://ift.tt/bomn2lQ
- 222/365/2022 — view on Instagram https://ift.tt/jmyzQ5U
- 221/365/2022 view from the balcony after a downpour — view on…
- 220/365/2022 Watching The Sandman. I loved it! Cricket gave it a…
- 219/365/2022 my isolation was supposed to end today, but I guess…
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Technology
Alexandra Samuel has a good post up about the willful participation of people in using social media to crowdsource surveillance after the Vancouver riots: But there is a big difference between individuals cooperating with law enforcement — carefully, thoughtfully and … Continue reading
As I’m working on my dissertation, I thought it would be productive to brainstorm all the social media services I’ve signed up for, going back over the last 14 years probably. I think the first one I ever signed up … Continue reading
I’m a bit concerned that my signature file on my email is already long (name, office number, website, and an Anaïs Nin quotation), but after reading Tenured Radical’s excellent post, and especially this post at the Blogora that linked there, … Continue reading