About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- Nels on 110/365/2015 #workspace working on surveillance studies and…
- Michael on 89/365/2015 Progress on visualizing citations in LGBTQ rhetorics
- Michael on 90/365/2015 Sploosh Rhetorics: Giving One Side Hell, edited by…
- Heather on 90/365/2015 Sploosh Rhetorics: Giving One Side Hell, edited by…
- Heather on 89/365/2015 Progress on visualizing citations in LGBTQ rhetorics
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Uncategorized
If you read the news, you might have heard that the UW system had a whopping 648 million dollars in cash balance, and the legislature is up in arms because we are supposedly sitting on that cash — so they … Continue reading
[View the story "Writing on Someone's Facebook Wall Is Real Life" on Storify]
The Modern Language Association’s Job Information List (or JIL, as it’s referred to) came out last week. On a personal note, it was interesting and fun to read through the ads this year — a kind of giddy excitement like … Continue reading
I came across these gorgeous photos after searching for Eau Claire on reddit: (source) (source) (source)
As (it seems) everyone knows, Coach Joe Paterno and President Graham Spanier were dismissed immediately from Penn State after the Board of Regents met on Wednesday night. After the Grand Jury report over the weekend charging former assistant coach Jerry … Continue reading