About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- The Digital in the Humanities: An Interview with Alexander Galloway – Los Angeles Review of Books
- Rex Sorgatz returns to Napoleon, North Dakota, to explore how…
- “Vada (“look at”), dolly eek (a pretty face), and chicken (a…
- “And that’s the key thing: no matter how backward-looking citations may appear, in their fastidious…”
- “If we thought of human rhetorical agency as not being ontologically exceptional, then we would see…”
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Dear Colleagues, Dr. Greg Wilson and I are conducting research about how the field of technical communication is constituted in courses that provide an overview of scholarship in the field. We are looking for syllabi at the graduate level for … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I got my new drone, a Parrot AR. Drone 2.0 Elite Edition: I finally took it on a few test flights last Friday, so I’m going to share some of those videos here. I’ve only so far … Continue reading
If you read the news, you might have heard that the UW system had a whopping 648 million dollars in cash balance, and the legislature is up in arms because we are supposedly sitting on that cash — so they … Continue reading
[View the story “Writing on Someone’s Facebook Wall Is Real Life” on Storify]