About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- Clarence J. Karier on education as a tool of dominant culture, or, alteratively, how we use education to quell the rebelliousness within us
- Michael on versatile blogger
- Dawn on versatile blogger
- Michael on 55/153 working on my #femrhet13 presentation #gaga (at…
- Nels P. Highberg (@drnels) on 55/153 working on my #femrhet13 presentation #gaga (at…
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Tumblr
But as much as I appreciate the performative accomplishment of good drag, and the ephemeralized instance of the performative act of passing, I sometimes like bad drag better. Sometimes I like seeing the seams, not because I don’t appreciate the artistry of illusion, but in fact, it is the seams that seemingly call my attention to the constructedness of the venture. (351)
Alexander, Bryant. “Querying Queer Theory Again (or Queer Theory as Drag Performance).” Queer Theory and Communication: From Disciplining Queers to Queering the Discipline(s). Eds. Gust A. Yep, Karen E. Lovaas, and John P. Elia. Binghamton, NY: Haworth, 2003. 349-352.
250/365 trying sneak a taste of spaghetti sauce Continue reading
249/365 you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas Continue reading
248/365 Post submission, move to whiskey and reviewing an article (at Lonestar Oyster Bar 34th st The Original Yacht Club) Continue reading