About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- Clarence J. Karier on education as a tool of dominant culture, or, alteratively, how we use education to quell the rebelliousness within us
- Michael on versatile blogger
- Dawn on versatile blogger
- Michael on 55/153 working on my #femrhet13 presentation #gaga (at…
- Nels P. Highberg (@drnels) on 55/153 working on my #femrhet13 presentation #gaga (at…
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Thesis work
After reading Colin’s post a few days ago, I made this tag cloud using
I finally printed off the final copy of my thesis yesterday. All that is left is to get my major professor’s and my department chair’s signatures (sometime next week), and it is official: I am done. However, I kind of … Continue reading
affect al attention audience authorship being believe bloggers blogosphere blogs change chapter circulation city class classroom community composition concept consider content counterpublics course create critical culture definition democratic different discourse discussion engage essay et example exigencies experience fag feministing focus … Continue reading
It is, admittedly, hard to write this. Since turning in my thesis at 2:00 pm on Friday (70 hours ago), I haven’t written anything but an abstract, instant messages, phone text messages, a reply to one email, two very short … Continue reading