About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- 147/366/2016 presenting on citation networks (photo by…
- 146/366/2016 #tattoos #embodiment #materiality #ska #rudeboy…
- 145/366/2016 (May 24) Becky Rickly presenting on feminist and…
- “Sex, Consent, and Digital Disidentifications in Queer Media and…
- 144/366/2016 (May 23) day 1 of #nar16 in the books (at Texas…
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Race
A GTA in the English Dept. here sent me this great site Sociological Images: Seeing Is Believing, a blog of advertisements that are revealing in regards to race, class, and gender. Some cool stuff.
From Dennis, Time Wise’s article arguing that Jeremiah Wright was right: Indignation doesn’t work for most whites, because having remained sanguine about, silent during, indeed often supportive of so much injustice over the years in this country–the theft of native … Continue reading