About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- Clarence J. Karier on education as a tool of dominant culture, or, alteratively, how we use education to quell the rebelliousness within us
- Michael on versatile blogger
- Dawn on versatile blogger
- Michael on 55/153 working on my #femrhet13 presentation #gaga (at…
- Nels P. Highberg (@drnels) on 55/153 working on my #femrhet13 presentation #gaga (at…
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Academia
This was sent out on a listserv I’m on: According to Republican lawmakers in Georgia and the Christian Coalition, queer theory is not a legitimate course of study. On CNN’s American Morning today, Carol Costello reported on Georgia’s recent variation … Continue reading
I too am bothered by College Composition and Communication‘s decision to put only excerpts to the Re-Visions and Review essays in the print issue and to put the full text online. Go to Deb’s post for a great discussion about … Continue reading
â€¢ Queerty: Despite opening in only 36 theatres, Gus Van Sant’s film Milk came in 10th in box office sales over the weekend. Perhaps this means that it might come to Penntucky. I want to see it, though I’m pretty … Continue reading