About Michael J. Faris
Assistant Professor of English with research areas in digital literacy, privacy and social media, and queering rhetorics.
This blog serves as a place to think through things, record thoughts, share interesting stuff, and hold conversations. Welcome!
Visit my electronic portfolio
- 147/366/2016 presenting on citation networks (photo by…
- 146/366/2016 #tattoos #embodiment #materiality #ska #rudeboy…
- 145/366/2016 (May 24) Becky Rickly presenting on feminist and…
- “Sex, Consent, and Digital Disidentifications in Queer Media and…
- 144/366/2016 (May 23) day 1 of #nar16 in the books (at Texas…
Last.fm Recent Listens
Category Archives: Academia
This was sent out on a listserv I’m on: According to Republican lawmakers in Georgia and the Christian Coalition, queer theory is not a legitimate course of study. On CNN’s American Morning today, Carol Costello reported on Georgia’s recent variation … Continue reading
I too am bothered by College Composition and Communication‘s decision to put only excerpts to the Re-Visions and Review essays in the print issue and to put the full text online. Go to Deb’s post for a great discussion about … Continue reading
â€¢ Queerty: Despite opening in only 36 theatres, Gus Van Sant’s film Milk came in 10th in box office sales over the weekend. Perhaps this means that it might come to Penntucky. I want to see it, though I’m pretty … Continue reading